A successful journey to college requires some preplanning. Below is a tenth grade checklist of things to do in order to prepare for college. Check off those things that you have done successfully.
- Take College Grazing to assess your needs and wants for college
- Become involved in extracurricular activities or clubs that interest you
- Take the Preliminary Scholastic Assessment Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT). See the College Board for information.
- Casually visit several college campuses while classes are in session.
- Continue saving for college. Check out College Grazing’s links to financial planning sites.
- Take courses that will support your success in college.
- Talk to people you know who are in college. Ask them what they like and don’t like about the colleges they are attending.
- Search the College Grazing finance links to get an understanding of how financing college works. Go to Planning Tools.
- Read books over the summer that your school counselor or English teacher recommend for college. The Arrowhead Library System has one reading list that may be helpful. Check with your English teacher.